Benefits of Attending
Military EHRS — Where Do We Stand? Where Are We Going? – How Will We Get There?
Within the Military Health System (MHS), Electronic Health Records are now servicing over ten million patients and are being utilized by 137,000 Military Health System staff, in 412 medical clinics, 413 dental clinics and more than 65 military hospitals and with a total budget of fifty billion dollars. However, there continue to be problems in getting the DoD EHR system (ALHTA) to interoperate efficiently with the Department of Veterans Affairs’ EHR system (VistA) and concern has been expressed within both organizations and within Congress about how this system incompatibility problem will be resolved, at what cost, and when.
This critically important EHR symposium brings together a two-day General Session of Senior Government, DoD and Industry EHR experts who are defining and developing the critical solutions to these and other issues and who are responsible for modernizing the Military Healthcare IT infrastructure. Crucial issues still remain.
- What are the newest opportunities available?
- What is the future of AHLTA and VistA?
- How is the deployment of the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER) progressing? How can you get your organization Involved?
- How will the introduction of Service-Oriented Architecture tools and technologies facilitate interoperability among DoD and VA EHR Systems?
- What every Healthcare Provider MUST KNOW about Meaningful Use Stage 2 and beyond.
- How do you measure the effectiveness of EHRs? How do you ensure security and privacy?
- How are Web-based hosting and Cloud Computing changing the approach to EHRs Patient Security?
- What new capabilities are being developed in EHRs data mining and in mobile EHRs and within COTS solutions?
These urgent needs and many other critical questions will be addressed in detail during this outstanding two-day symposium & exhibition which will also include networking sessions and luncheons for both Government & Industry.